The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what is physiology?
study of biological function; how the body works
- constancy of the internal environment
- Sustaining conditions that are favorable for life to continue
- Temp, pH, Blood solute concentrations
negative feedback loops
3 part pathway
- Sensors in the body detect change
- Integrating Center assess change and decides if response is needed
- Effector make appropriate adjustments
Negative Feedback loops bring you back to....
Positive feedback loop
the end product in a process stimulates the process to Keep going away from Normal
fever is an example of ....
what are the 2 ways our body's structures can send messages to other structures?
- nervous system
- endocrine system
- Neural and Endocrine Regulation
does the nervous system send messages to other structures
the nervous system "innervates" organs the nerve fibers
how does the endocrine system send messages to other structures?
releases hormones into the blood, which transports them to multiple target organs
- inside the cells
- contains 65% of total body water
- area outside the cells,
- examples blood plasma and interstitial fluid
Both intracellular and extracellular body fluid compartments are filled primarily with....
water and separated by membranes