A&P Exam 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 6 levels of organization?
- -Chemical-Atoms combine to form mol.
- -Cellular-Cells made up of mol.
- -Tissue-similar cells that work together.
- -Organ-different tiss. that work together.
- -Organ System-Diff. org. that work together
- -Organismal-made up of many Organ Sys.
What are the 8 necessary life functions?
- -Maintaining boundaries
What are the appropriate levels of "survival needs"?
- -Body temperature
- -Atmospheric pressure
- -Body's ability to maint. a relatively stable environment.
- -Dynamic state of equilibrium-Internal conditions vary, but only within limits.
- -Internal cond. are constantly disrupted by internal and external stimuli. So control requires cont. monitoring and regulation of many factors(variable)
Condition or event that is being monitored.
Monitors the variable.
Analyzes input from receptors and determines appropriate response input and output.
Responds to output from control center.
Negative Feedback Mechanism
- Reverse the change in the variable.
- This is the most common.
Positive Feedback Mechanism
Enhance or strengthen the change in the variable.
What two organ sys. are the most imp. in control of homeostasis.
Nervous and Endocrine.
Anything that has mass or space.
What are the three states of matter?
What 4 elements form 96% of body mass?
What 9 elements form 3.9% of body mass and their symbols?
- -Calcium Ca
- -Phosphorus P-Potassium K
- -Sulfur S
- -Sodium N
- -Chlorine Cl
- -Magnesium Mg
- -Iodine I
- -Iron Fe
What are the building blocks of elements?
Atoms. This gives elements their physical and chemical properties.
Two or more atoms bonded together.
Holds atoms combined with other atoms together.
Energy stored in chemical bonds.
results from movement of charged particles.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview