The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- have only 2 layers, the endoderm and the ectoderm
- things like cnidarians, corals
- most exterior layer
- covers surface of embryo
- things like skin, teeth, sweat glands
- inner most layer
- liver and lungs
- middle layer
- becomes muscles and GI
have no left or right side; no front or back
- 2 sided symmetry; 2 axes of orientation
- front and back; top to bottom
family of homeobox genes tat regulate embryo development alone anterior-posterior axis
folding inward at one end of blastula and expanding to fill blastocoel
- body cavity
- fluid or air filled space between digestive trach and outer body wall
- most triploblasts have body cavity
True coelom forms from...
Organisms with true coelom are called...
Organisms without coelom are called...
Organisms with fake coelom are called_____ and they arise from the_____ layer
- pseudocoelomates; endoderm and mesoderm
Functions of the coelom
- suspends organs and prevents their injury
- can act like skeleton
- can allow internal organs to grow and move independently of outer body wall
Protosome and Deuterostome development
modes of development distinguished by difference in cleavage, coelom form and future of blastopore
Protosomes have _____ cleavage and _____ fate
- spiral cleavage
planes of cell division are diagonals to vertical axis of embryo
- fate/destiny of each embryonic cell is set early
- knows its job
Deuterstomes have _______ cleavage and an _______ fate
- radial cleavage
planes of cell division are parallel to vertical axis
every cell produces by early cleavage has capacity to develop into complete embryo
3 major clades of bilaterian animals
lophotochozoa, dueterostoma, ecydza
in dueterostomes coelom forms...
from the fold of archenteron
in protostomes coelom froms from....
splits in mesoderm
in protostomes mouth and anus develops...
- from the 1st opening which is the blastopore
- while anus develops from 2nd opening which is archenteron
in deuterstoms anus and mouth...
anus develops from blastospore and mouth develops 2d from opening of archenteron
Deuterstomia is name...
- for one clade of bilaterates
- also a type of development
- is clade with true tissue
- basal eumetazoans are diploblastic and have radial symmetry
All lineages of bilatera are ______ except for ______
- have exoskeleton
- go throu shedding of exoskeleton
- lobsters, crab "ecdysis"
- some phyla have lophophore
- a crown of ciliated tentacles for feeding
- some phyla have trocophore larva
- developmental stage in mollusks and annelids