114 Chap 54`
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is a fracture
a break or disruption in the continuity of a bone
- break is across the entire width of the bone
- (bone is divided into 2 sections)
the break is through only part of the bone
caused by excessive stress or strain on the bone
produced by loading force applied to long bones
- shrinking devices help shape residual limb to help client readapt
- use fig 8 and wrap distal to proximal rewrap every 4-6 hrs is becomes loose
exercise after amputation
- ROM to prevent flexion contractures
- trapeze over bed for pt control
- firm mattress
- prone position every 3-4 hrs
- elevate lower leg: good for reducing edema but concern for contracture
diff between phantom limb pain and stump pain
phantom limb pain is nerve pain
fractures of the hip have to be ____
surgically corrected for pt to be able to bear weight
types of traction
- Skin involves Velcro boot, belt or halter
- Skeletal involves pins, wires, screws
what is traction?
application ofa pulling force to provide reduction, alignment, and rest at the site.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview