BCH 361 Exam 1 - Ch.2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Many biological molecules spontaneously undergo ___ into supra-molecular structures. example?
Many multi-subunit complexes act as ___. Two examples?
- molecular machines
- Ribosome & Sarcomere
The high density of proteins within the interior space of the cell leads to
no outer membrane but peptidoglycan and plasma (inner) membrane
outer membrane, peptidoglycan cell wall, and plasma membrane
lipopolysaccharide . Endotoxin
- Rough E.R.
- Smooth E.R.
- Golgi Apparatus
- Plasma membrane
- Contains the cells hereditary information, DNA, and exerts a profound influence on cellular activities.
- Directs the synthesis of protein cell components
- Surrounded by the nuclear envelope of two membranes fused at nuclear pores where molecules and ions enter and leave the nucleus.
- The mitochondrion is responsible for aerobic respiration and ATP synthesis.
- Double walled organelle
Plasma Membrane Characteristics
- separates the eukaryotic cell from its external environment.
- composed of lipids and protein
- intercellular communication
production of membrane proteins and proteins for cell export.
packaging and distribution of cell products to both internal and external cell compartments.
synthesis of ribosomal RNA.
contain digestive enzymes
formation and breakdown of peroxides
Maintainence of cell shape
- convert light energy into chemical energy
- thylakoid membrane is responsible for the metabolic function of the chloroplast
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview