Card Set Information
flashcards for anatomy respiration
1.What is the combined chemical reactions in cells that can use or can release energy?
2. What provides the materials a cell requires for maintenance?
3 Whats the metabolic processes that break down larger molecuels into smaller ones?
4. What is the anabolic process that joins small molecules by releasing the equivelant of a water molecule?
5. What can decompose carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins?
6. What is the energy metabolic reactions require?
7. What protein catalyes a specific biochemical reaction?
8. Which enzyme is specific acting only on a particular molecule?
9. What part of an enzyme temporarily binds a substrate?
10. What is the sequences of an enzyme controlled reaction?
11. What molecules influence the rates of chemical reactions but are not consumed in the process?
12. What enzyme is often first in a series?
Rate limiting enzymes
13. What is a small organic molecule?
14. What is a nonprotein componet called?
15. What are proteins that catalyzes a specfic biochemical reaction?
16. What are essential organic molecules that human cells cant synthesize?
17. What molecule caries energy in a form that the cell can use?
18. What molecule has only two phosphates?
19.What is the reaction when ATP and ADP molecules shuttle back and forth?
20. What is the process called when an ATP can be resynthesized from an ADP by using energy released from cellular respiration?
21. What is the capasity to change something?
22. What is the process that transfers energy from molecules?
23. What is the process where oxygen combines with another chemical?
24. What is the change in a gene called?
25. What agent causes mutation?
26. What is a type of mutation involving replacement of a single nucleotide base with another in DNA or RNA?
Base pair substitution
27. What disease disrupts normal metabolism and the process of converting food to energy?