Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- adj. smug satisfaction in a flawed situation
- Ex: Kame realized Risu was becoming complacent with her cowardly nature.
- n. Something that causes a nice mental effect, with no physical effect
- Ex: Whenever Kame was hurt, she used music as a placebo, despite it not really changing anything.
- adj. calm/peaceful
- Ex: She will not rest until they can live happy, placid lives.
- adj. Unnecessary or unwanted
- Ex: Although she was touched by her friends' kindness, she felt that it was gratuitous.
- v. To gain someone's favor through false flattery
- Ex: He tried to ingratiate Risu with false charm and fake concern.
- n. One who is not properly thankful
- Ex: She was being hardheaded, and acting like an ingrate for refusing to acknowledge our help.
- adj. Easily taught/submissive
- Ex: Risu did not have a docile nature, and was very stubborn and controlling.
- v. To teach a specific opinion into
- Ex: She felt as if we were indoctrinating the thoughts into her head.
- n. that which is taught ; body of beliefs or ideas
- Ex: I follow my own doctrine which isn't dictated by anyone else.
- v. to decrease the strength of
- Ex: I tried to temper her anger.
- n. restraint or moderation
- Ex: Her temperance on emotions never ceases to amaze me.
- adj. lacking moderation; extreme
- Ex: My intemperate nature often leads me to over indulge.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview