The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- VISION: Green Building
- Architect: USGBC
- Consultant: GBCI
- Contractor: LEED
Improves on the unfriendly environmental assaults of conventional design and construction by reducing the (4) negative environmental impacts.
Environmental Impacts (hint: 4)
- Water & Energy Consumption
- Carbon Dioxide Emissions
- Raw Material Use
- Waste Output
Triple Bottom Line
- Long term view of the effects on (3) resources
- People: social responsibility impact of a person's happiness, health and productivity
- Planet: environmental stewardship impact on air, water, land and global climate
- Profit: economic prosperity impact on corporations bottom line costs
- 14% Potable water consumption
- 30% Waste consumption
- 38% CO2 Emissions
- 40% Raw material use
- 72% Electricity consumption
- 25% - 50% TOTAL ENERGY CONSUMPTION
How much time do people spend indoors?
90% on average
Green Building Costs
- Hard Costs
- Soft Costs
- Life Cycle Costs
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Cradle to grave analysis of a building, it's materials and components
- Life Cycle Cost
- Analysis of the total cost of ownership throughout the life of the building
- Includes: design, construction, operation and disposal
- U.S. Green Building Council
- Transform the way buildings are designed, built and operated to establish triple bottom line.
- Develops LEED rating system
- Provides / develops education and research programs
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
- 1998 by USGBC
- Green Building Certification Institute
- Third party organization providing professional credentials and project certification.
Meeting the needs of the present without compromising the needs of the future.
Any environment man-made and providing structure for human activity.
Planning with the intent to utilize natural systems.
A team of all stakeholders working collaboratively to find synergies between disciplines which provide a more sustainable design.