Alternatives to Prison
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Rehabilitation - why prisons are bad
sentenced to under 6 months you are not legible!
Howard League for Penal Reform Prisons are disruptive. CPOS not
CPO recidivism rate
36% compared to 60% of prisons
DTTO's Dr. Roberts
"not as successful as we'd like them to be"
8/10 do not complete
Protection - reoffending while on community sentence?
400 criminals reoffend a week!
- Privitisation of tagging G4S malfunction
- but rare and offender manager
considering reconviction rates CPOs more effective long term
prison violence - up by a third
some alternatives more successful that others#while on tag 2% committed crime
Cost effective stats
- costs £50 000 a year to keep a person in prison
- CPOs cost £6000 a year to implement
- MoJ losing £2bn from its £9bn budget
- Prison costs could be justified if they worked?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview