CAL FIRE FC Exam.txt
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
Job Hazard Analysis/Project Safety Work Plan
Job Hazard Analysis/Project Safety Work Plan (Continuation Page)
Code of Safe Practices
Job Safety Survey (Continuation Page)
Employee Training Sign-Up Sheet
New Employee Safety Orientation
Employee Safety Suggestion and Unsafe Practice Report
Nomination for Employee Safety Award
Exposure Determination, Reporting and Treatment Procedure
Communicable Disease Exposure Report
Sharps Injury Log
Physical Fitness Documantation Log
Quanitative Fit Test Record
Qualitative Fit Test Record
Work Station/Ergonomic Evaluation Request
Physical Ability Test Risk Assessment
Incident Replacement Requisition
Procedure 200 Accident/Injury/incident/Exposure Report
Overhead Crew Equipmemt Report
Fire Crew Activity Record
Incident Timekeeping Summary for Custodial Personnel
CAL FIRE 212
Seasonal Employee's Performance Record
Name the 8 elements of the IIPP.
- - Responsibility
- - Compliance
- - Communication- Hazard Assessment
- - Accident/Exposure Investigation
- - Hazard Correction
- - Training and Instruction
- - Recordkeeping
What are the Elements of the WUI Placard?
- - Access
- - Street Name & Address
- - Water Source- Defensible Space
- - Evacuations- Special Notes or Hazards
- - Date & Time
- - Resource ID
What is the Dept.'s Heat Illness Prevention Policy and Procedure.
- - employee to consume 1qt of water/hr when in extreme work conditions
- - allow for rest breaks in cooled, or at least shaded areas as needed, and to the extent feasible
What is CDF's Mission Statement
The Departmemt of Forestry amd Fire Protection protects the people of California from fires, responds to emergencies, and protects and enhances forest, range, and watershed values providing social, economic, and enviromental benifits to rural and urban citizens.
What is CDF's Fire Protection Objective?
CDF's fire protection objective states that a system of basic fire protection will be provided so thay damages to life, property and natural resources will be held at or below a level of acceptable within social, polotical and economic constraints. Board of Forestry and Fire Protection designates in thr Fire Plan that CDF will strive to contain 95% of all unwanted fires at 10 acres or less.
Is the area in which an agency has the financial reponsibility to provide fire suppression.
What are the contract counties?
Marin, Santa Barbara, Kern, Ventura, Orange and Los Angeles.
What is a contract county?
It is a county that CDF annually allocates state funds for providing wildland fire protection to SRA.
Define Initial Attack Wildland
- fire can be contained by the first resources dispatched without substantial augmentation, within 2 hours of the report time
Define Major Incident?
The fire CANNOT be contained within the first burning period, even with substantial augmentation of resources; long-term resource commitment and logistical support will be required.
What are 3 types of fire attack stratigies?
- - Direct Attack (offensive)
- - Indirect Attack (defensive)
- - Combination of Direct and Indirect
What are the Rates Of Spread (ROS)?
- SLOW: little to no progress or of little consequence
- MODERATE: less than 1 mph
- DANGEROUS: 1 to 3 mph
- CRITICAL: greater than 3 mph
- Task- What is to be done
- Purpose- Why is it to be done
- End State- How it should look when done
What is a Schedule A Contract?
Local Government Entity, CAL FIRE employee's. Local Gov. Entity pays CAL FIRE to run and staff fire stations.
What is a Schedule C contract?
Local Government Entity, Local Government Employee's, CAL FIRE administered
What is Amador Plan?
CAL FIRE facility & employee's provide fire protection to local government entity during fire season and by contract during the non-fire season.
What is WUI?
A wildland-urban interface refers to the zone of transition between unoccupied land and human development. Communities that are within of the zone may also be included. These lands and communities adjacent to and surrounded by wildlands are at risk of wildfires.
What are the 10 standard Fire Orders?
1. Keep informed on fire weather conditions and forecast
2. Know what your fire is doing at all times.
3. Base all actions on current and expected behavior of the fire
4. Identify escape routes and safety zones and make them known
5. Post lookouts when there is possible danger.
6. Be alert. Keep calm. Think clearly. Act decisively.
7. Maintain prompt communications with your forces, your supervisor and adjoining forces.
8. Give clear instructions and insure they are understood.
9. Maintain control of your forces at all times.If 1-9 are considered then...
10. Fight fire aggressively, having provided for safety first.
When a fire begins in one jurisdiction, then progresses and/or threatens another what type of command should be used?
In order to maintain consistency in the ordering process what should be established?
A Unified Ordering Point; The ICs in unified command shall determine which agency's ECC will be the UOP.
Steps to handle an injured worker
1. Mitigate hazards prevent further injuries, start EMS and have life treating injuries treated.
2. Notify the IC / BC
3. Notify the ECC
- 4. Provide forms to doctor/hospital
- -CAL FIRE 271 Authorization to Treat
- -CAL FIRE 200 MEDICAL
- TREATMENT/RETURN TO WORK
- -SCIF 3301 Workers' Compensation Claim
- -CAL FIRE Physical/Mental Stress Job
- 5. Complete IAPS and/or IIPP15 (if no
- computer access)
6. Call home battallion BC
- 7. Notify BSC to find replacement staffing
- get engine back in service.
8. FC800 to ECC
- 9. Send packet to Return to Work
- Coordinator with-in 24 hours.
* If employee is placed off of work the Physian has to sign-off on a stress and duty statement and a CALFIRE 200 prior to thier return to work.
*County workers (Reserves) need forms reporting though County Human Resorcess/Risk Management. Can find in Sharepoint
FORMS: Authorization to Treat
CAL FIRE 271
FORMS: Medical Treatment/Returnd to Work
CAL FIRE 200
FORMS: CAL FIRE Physical/Mental Stress Job Description
PMSJD "Stress/Duty Statement"
FORMS: Position Duties Statement
FORMS: IAPS Worksheet
What does IAPS stand for
Injury Assesment and Prevention System
FORMS: Employee's Claim for Workers'
How long do you have to turn in the SCIF 3301 Workers' compenation Claim Form
- One working day (24 hours)
- *must be given to employee with-in 24 hours
HIGHRISE: If confimed or suspected working fire how many total alarms should be requested?
An additional three alarms for a total of four alarms (4)
HIGHRISE: What communication request should be included with a highrise augmented resorce request?
Should request an additional two tac chanels (minimum) for use by Divisions.
What steps should be taken to handle a department vehicle involved in an accident?
- 1. Contact the ECC
- -Report accident and request needed resorces: Medical, BC, and Law
- -Allow them to replace you on an incident
- if you were responding to an alarm.
- 2. Complete a STD 269 Accident
- Investigation / exchange of infromation
- 3. Have driver complete a STD 270 Report
- of Vehicle Accident. IF supervisor
- complete STD 274 Review of State Driver
- 4. If county owned vehicle Complete County
- Form 942.6 Confidential Report of Vehicle
- Accident (also used if accident involved a
- County Employee)
- 5. FC800 Operational and Program
- Notification with the ECC
6. Subit forms reports to Unit designee (Dreena Brethorst)
FORMS: ACCIDENT INVESTIGGATION (EXCHAGE OF INFORMATION)
FORMS: Report of Vehicle Accident
FORMS: Review of State Driver Accident
FORMS: Confindential Report of Vehicle Accident
Steps for suspected Substance Abuse
1. Primary Observation
2. Secondary Observation
3. Notify the Batallion Chief
4. Place the Equipment Out-of-Service
5. FBOR the Employee, the can attempt to have representation in a timely manor but can not delay the test
6. Request Law Enforcement for testing
- 7. Complete a PO 225 Confidential-
- Substance Abuse Testing Reasonable
- Suspicion Documentation Action
- 8. Employee will be on Administrative Time
FORMS: Authorization to Release Drug and Alcohol Testing Information
FORMS: Confidential-Substance Abuse Testing Reasonable Suspicion Documentation Action
FORMS: Confidential-Temporary Relief of Duty-Substance Abuse Testing Action
Positions in Command Staff
- Public Information Officer
- Liaison Officer
- Agency Representative
- Safety Officer
Positions in General Staff
- Operations Section Chief
- Planning Section Chief
- Logistics Section Chief
- Finance/Administration Section Chief
What is the Operations Retreat Evacuation Signal?
Operations Retreat evacuation signal will consist of repeated short blasts of the air horn for approximately 10 seconds, followed by 10 seconds of silence. This sequence of air horn blasts for 10 seconds followed by a 10 second periods of silence be done three times; total air horn evacuation signal including periods of silence will last 50 seconds.
IC Responsibilities during a RIC activation
- 1. Request an additional Alarm and a ground
2. Activate RIC Group
- 3. Ensure Frequancy change has been
- completed and ensure accountability PAR
- for fire operations. *consider change in
- stratagy and consider safety of current
- fireground operations.
4. Get CAN from RIC group and support RIC
Infromation the IC needs from RIC Group Supervisor?
- 1. Name of the injured worker and Compny
- they are asigned.
- 2. Location of the worker (or last known
- 3. CONDITIONS: Known Injuries and/or
- other relavent conditions (low air,
5. NEEDS: Additional resorce request
What are the three Structure Defense Triage Catagories?
1. Not Threatened
2. Threatened Non-defesable
3. Threatened Defensable
What are the 7 Structure Protection Tactical Actions
- 1. Check & Go
- 2. Prep & Go
- 3. Prep & Defend
- 4. Bump & Run
- 5. Anchor & Hold
- 6. Fire Front Following
- 7. Tactical Patrol
In the progressive disciplin process: What are the objectives in the "corrective" portion?
- Informal Action:
- Identify a Proplem(s)
- Develop a Plan
- Discuss Consequences
- Monitoring- discuss time frames
- Problems- what will cause the plan to fail/soulutions
- Closure- have the employee summerze the Plan
Three Phases of Progressive Discipline?
Two tools in the Corrective Phase?
1. Corrective Interview
2. Letter of Warning
- 1. Salary Reduction
- 2. Suspension
- 3. Demotion
- 4. Dismissal
What are the 4 Elements of Fire Prevention
- 1. Public Education
- 2. Planning
- 3. V.I.P (volunteers in prevention)
- 4. Law Enforcement
What are the Core Values?
- Customer Service
Forms: STD 637
What is Progressive Discipline used for?
To prevent or respond to an employee's failure to meet standards.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview