Ethics - Religion and Morality
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the basic argument of the Divine Command Theory?
God decides what is right and wrong.
According to Rachels, what are the pros and cons of the Divine Command theory?
- Solves the old problem of objectivity of ethics.
- Explains why we should worry about morality.
- This conception is mysterious.
- It makes God's commands arbitrary.
- It provides the wrong reasons for morality.
What question does Socrates ask in his discussion on the commands of God?
"Is conduct right because the gods command it or do the gods command it because it is good?"
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview