FAMU FACTS Test1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is FAMU's Motto?
"Excellence with Caring"
Where and when was FAMU's College of Law restored?
2000 in Orlando.
What is FAMU's oldest baccalaureate program on campus?
School of Nursing.
What was FAMU's name when it opened?
State Normal College for Colored Students.
What year did we begin to go as Florida Agricultural and Mechanical College for Negroes? (FAMC)
What year did our college receive our land grant institution under the Second Morril Act?
Our school opened its doors with __________.
15 students and 2 instructors.
Name all of the distinguished presidents in order.
- Thomas D. Tucker
- Nathatn B.Young
- John R.E. Lee
- William H. Gray Jr.
- George W. Gore
- Benjamin L. Perry Jr.
- Walter L. Smith
- Frederick S. Humphries
- Fred Gainous
- James H. Ammons
What is FAMU's Governance?
We are under the State University System, with out FAMU Board of Trustees which has 12 citizens and 1 student representative.
What building on campus used to be a hospital?
List all of FAMU's Schools
- School of Allied Health Sciences
- School of Architecture
- School of Business and Industry
- School of the Environment
- School of Graduate Studies and Research
- School of Journalism and Graphic Communication
- School of Nursing
What year did we begin to go as Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University?
Name all of FAMU's acting presidents.
- W.H.A Howard
- J.B. Bragg
- H. Manning Efferson
- Henry Lewis III
- Castell Vaughn Bryant
- Larry Robinson
List all of FAMU's Colleges.
- College of Agriculture and Food Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities
- College of Education
- College of Engineering (FAMU-FSU)
- College of Law
- College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview