Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
divides the market into segments based on variables such as age, life-cycle stage, gender, income, occupation, education, religion, ethnicity, and generation
divides buyers into different segments based on social class, lifestyle, or personality characteristics
divides buyers into segments based on their knowledge, attitudes, uses, or responses to a product
- buyers can be grouped according to occasions when they get the ides to buy or use a product
- - easter
grouping buyers according to the different benefits that they seek form a product
markets can be segmented into non-users, ex-users, potential users, first time users, and regular users.
- markets can be segmented into light, medium, and heavy product users.
- - Heavy users are often a small percentage of the market but account for a high
- percentage of total consumption.
divide the market by degree of consumer loyalty. (apple consumers are very loyal) also helps firms determine which companies are most competitive.
Intermarket Segmentation / cross market
formed of segments of consumers who have similar needs and buying behaviors in different countries.
a firm goes after a large share of one or a few smaller segments or “niches” (ex: whole foods).
the process of tailoring products and marketing programs to suit the tastes of specific individuals and locations.
the extent that a company can differentiate and position itself as providing superior customer value.
sums up the company and brand positioning. Ex: blackberry “to busy, mobile professionals who need to always be in the loop”
a firm might decide to ignore market segment differences and target the whole market with one offer.
a firm decides to target several market segments and designs separate offers for each
- an extreme form of micromarketing; tailoring
- products and marketing programs to the needs and preferences of individual customers. (car companies allowing customization, google customizing your ads based on your preferences)