Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
- Rugged and roughenedas from old age or work
- Any of various mineral and industrial forms of calcium oxide such as silica, alumina, and iron. Also called quicklime
- A spiny evergreen shrub or tree (Citrus aurantifolia) native to Asia and having leathery leavesfragrant white flowersand edible fruit.
- A small structure, either freestanding or attached to a larger structure, serving for storage or shelter.
- Very pleasant; delightful
- Highly pleasing or agreeable to the senses, especially of taste or smell.
- To cover or coat with lard or a similar fat.
- To enrich or lace heavily with extra material; embellish
- The white solid or semisolid rendered fat of a hog.
- A hasty or undetailed drawing or painting often made as a preliminary study.
- A brief, general account or presentation; an outline.
- A broad roadway lined with trees.
- One who is skilled in stenography, especially one employed to take and transcribe dictation or testimony.
- Requiring great care, effort, or attention
- Making severe demands; rigorous
- To form furrows in with or as if with a plow
- A telegram or cablegram.
- [təːn aut]
- To end up; result
- [put ɔːf]
- To delay; postpone
- To proceed slowly or with many stops
- To stand idly about; linger aimlessly.
- [θiŋk ʌp]
- n. 从零开始
- 从无到有; 白手起家
- To utter suddenly and impulsively
- A belief or opinion.
- To cover with a protective or insulating layer of other material.
- To sheathe or cover (a metal) with a metal.
- To break up and level (soil or land) with a harrow.
- To inflict great distress or torment on.
- A farm implement consisting of a heavy frame with sharp teeth or upright disks, used to break up and even off plowed ground.
- To go down or rest on one or both knees.
- [put daun]
- To write down.
in command of
- [in kəˈmænd əf]