Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name the wine districts of Burgandy
- Chablis (Yonne)
- Cotes de Nuits (Cote-d-Or)
- Hautes Cotes de Nuits (Cote-d-Or)
- Cote de Beaune (Cote-d-Or)
- Hatues Cotes de Beaune (Cote-d-Or)
- Cote Challonnaise/Region de Mercurey (Saone-et-Loire)
- Cote Maconnaise (Saone-et-Loire)
- Beaujolais (Rhone)
Describe the climate and orientation of Burgandy
What are the four departments
- Continental Climate, some snow in winter and mild precipiation in the Summer
- Running North to South, long and narrow through four departments
- Yonne, Cote-d'Or, Saone-et-Loire, Rhone
What are the dominant red and white varietals?
- Cote d'Or red grape is Pinot Noir, white is Chardonnay
- Chablis white grape is Chardonnay
- Cote Chalonnais and Maconnais dominant red is Pinot Noir and Gamay
- Beaujolais red grape is Gamay
What are the classifications of Burgandy from highest to lowest?
- Grand Cru sold under name of vineyard
- Premier Cru sold under the name of vineyard
- Village Premier Cru sold under the name of the village
- Village AOC
- Regional AOC
- AOC Bourgogne (generic AOC for Burgandy)
- AC Bourgogne Passetoutgrains (red and rose 9.5 abv)
- AC Bourgogne Aligote (white miniume 9.5 abv)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview