Unit 9 Vocab
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- adj. unclear, not straightforward
- Ex: Ren seemed like a tortuous person who would always speak in riddles
- v. to respond sarcastically
- Ex: If you try to speak to Weiss, you'll probably get a snappy retort instead of a conversation.
- v. To wrongly force someone to agree to a demand
- Ex: Cardin used Jaune's secret to extort favors from the poor boy.
- adj. Talkative, rapid speech
- Ex: Nora was a voluble person, always greeting everyone with a full conversation
- adj. overly complicated
- Ex: The Beacon Academy campus was incredibly convoluted and the newbies were convinced it was part maze
- v. To develop or progress gradually
- Ex: Ruby evolved from a small, insecure girl to a new-found leader
- adj. Too unchangeable in character/person
- Ex: Even after they were allies, Kanda was still inflexible and still hated Allen.
- v. to cause to rebound or turn aside
- Ex: One of Crown Clown's abilities is to deflect enemy attacks
- n. change in pitch or tone of voice
- Ex: When Rinali is upset, the inflections on her words are very noticeable
- adj. unhelpful, harmful
- Ex: Having a parasite-type Innocence in known to have adverse effects on the owner's life-span.
- v. To fall back into old condition
- Ex: Lenelee's Dark Boots are able to revert to little anklets at her will.
- v. to undermine or invalidate
- Ex: The Earl was furious that the 14th was able to subvert the Arc without his knowledge.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview