Persians at home in Greek art - Persians in domestic settings on Athenian pots
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- RF Lekythos
- Departure libation, Persian leaves wife
- Consider Persai!
- Kleophon painter did a Greek scene of this - recognisable emotions
- Women dressed in draped peplos in both
- Persian man has the usual - trousers, soft cap, spear
- Persian Queen and King
- Mannheim Painter
- Still wearing patterned long trousers and sleeves beneath draped garments
- Wearing similar draped caps to in other Greek depictions of Persians
- Quite richly dressed but not as a Persian would depict himself, let along his king
- Persian oriental 'despot'
- Squat lekythos: Royal procession, with guard,
- fan-bearer, torch-bearer, musicians, dancers
- Looks almost Dionysiac, but with men in the patterned outfits
- Plus a mortal king where the god should be - seems not quite right.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview