Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The 5 basic functions of (1)planning, (2) organizing, (3) staffing, (4) leading, and (5) controlling.
- > establishing goals and standards
- > developing rules and procedures
- > developing plans and forecasting
- > giving each subordinate a specific task
- > establishing departments
- > delegating authority to subordinates
- > establishing channels of authority and communication
- > coordinating the work of subordinates
- > deciding what type of people should be hired
- > recruiting prospective employees
- > selecting employees
- > setting performance standards
- > compensating employees
- > evaluating performance
- > counseling employees
- > training and developing employees
- > getting others to get the job done
- > maintaining morale
- > motivating subordinates
- > setting standards such as:
- sales quotas
- quality standards
- production levels
- > checking to see how actual performance compares with these standards
- > taking corrective action as needed
human resource management
the policies and practices one needs to carry out the "people" or human resources aspects of a management position, including (1) recruiting, (2) screening, (3) training, (4) rewarding, and (5) appraising.
the right to make decisions, direct others' work, and give orders.
a manager who is authorized to direct the work of subordinates and responsible for accomplishing the organization's goals.
a manager who is authorized to assist and advise line managers.
the authority used by a personnel manager by virtue of others' knowledge that HR managers have access to top management
the authority of HR managers to coordinate personnel activities to assure HR objectives, policies, and procedure compliance.
staff (service) function
the function of HR manager in assisting and advising line managers for compliance with equal employment and occupational laws.
the tendency of firms to extend their sales or manufacturing to new markets abroad.
any attribute that humans are likely to use to tell
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview