Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
- 600 songs, 9 symphonies, chamber music
- Der Erlkonig "king of elves, narrator son and father.
Pianist, composer chamber music piano works, song cycles, 4 symphonies, crippled fingers,
wife of robert. she's a musician and also became a composer.
- virtualistic-revolutionary etude
- "polonaise and minut waltz"
- from poland
- pomp and circumstance
- Hungarian Rhapsody
- "symphonie fantastique in five movements"
- new world symphony
- "Dier Gynt Suite"
- concerto in a minor
- 1812 overture
- honor for napolion
- 18 minutes
- 4th of july
- concerto #2 in c minor.
- injured fourht finger
- prelude in c minor
- "italian symphony"
- concerto in 3 minor:
- program symphony
- non-program music, close firends with clara.
- 4 major famous symphonies
who were the three virtuoustic artists?
chopan, liszt, and paganini
- (like robbing)
- is going up and going down and going up and down
means to be performed by a group
of a symphonic poem
- "don juan"
- often used as overture
scale to allow the music or melody to move in half steps
exotism in trying to find music from other countries
folk music in country
what are the four characteristics of romanticism
nationalism, exoticism, nature, the dreamer "I"
librete, fraternite, and egalite
in the spirit of romaticism? who wrote poetry, paintings, and literature
- william blake
- eugene delacroix
- victor hugo (les miserables)
what were the two exotic instruments
english horn and tuba
what is art song-lied based on?
- intesnsely personal, based on great poetry
- equal sharing between piano and voice
- importance of vocal "color" for expression
- had the form of strophic or through-composed
- song cycle: several lieder songs mant to be performed by a group.