microbio practical review
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- exoenzyme amylase
- + test represented by a clear zone around bacterial growth
Spirit Blue agar
- -Lipase is an exoenzyme that hydrolyzes lipids into fatty acids and glycerol.
- If a microorganism produces lipase, the fats around the streak are decomposed, causing a clear zone to appear
- The spirit blue dye also migrates through the plate toward the region lacking complete lipids, resulting in the appearance of a dark blue halo around the organism
Fermentation usually results in
the production of acidic organic end products and/or the production of gas
OF glucose tubes
- One is overlaid with mineral oil
- One is not overlaid with mineral oil
- Determines whether an organism is oxidative or fermentative
- Yellow in the (+) tube or with added mineral oil=fermentation (F)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview