The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
who developed the idea of containment theory?
which of the follwoing is not a permanent member of the un security council?
the marshall plan was developed primarily for which of the following areas?
in what year was the report to secure these rights published?
what term best describes the political climate in america in the 1950s?
in what state did the rosewell incident take place?
who became famous due to the montgomery bus boycott?
martin luther king
in what year did american involvement in vietnam begin?
who was the first human to leave the earths atmosphere?
what president approved operation zapata?
what was the problem with the feminine mystique?
it was not inclusive of all women
what university was integrated by james meredith?
who was the first african-american member of the presidents cabinet?
who headed the mississippi freedom democratic party?
in what city was dr martin luther king assassinated?
attacks on which us ship led to the escalation of american involvement in vietnam?
what class of missile did the us have in turkey in 1962?
according to the documentary root of the cuban missile crisis what relation was profeeor sergei khrushchev to the soviet premier nikita khrushchev?
according to the documentary roots of the cuban missile crisis what phraselogy did president kennedy not want reporter to use in discussing the russians decision to pull out of cuba?
who was convicted in the assassination of president jfk?
- who: viet cong
- what:attack on all us bases in south vietnam
- where: south vietnam
- When : jan 1968
- why: to strike against control in south vietnam and to cause an up rising
civil rights act
- who: under kenndey, howard smith
- what:he added to the bill womens rights
- why:extended voting rights and outlawed racial segregation in schools
- what:house of unamerican activity committe
- Why:investigations on real and suspected communists in positions of actual or supposed influence in the United States society
16th street baptist church
- who:four girls killed
- where:birmingham, al
- when:sept 1963
- why:whites protesting against blacks
- who: owner of playboy
- what: black play mate jenifer jackson
- when:march 1965
- why: she was the first black play mate of the month was met with controversy
- who: gov of arkansas
- what: ordered the Arkansas National Guard to stop African American students from attending the school
- where: Little Rock Central High School
- when: 1957
- why:against the desegregation of Little Rock public schools
- who: sncc 4 young blacks
- what: greensboro sit-in
- where: nc
- when: feb 1 1960
- why: to protest the segregation of blacks, lead to more portests
which us president was never impeached?
what does the 13th admendement to the us constitiution cover?
ih which state did the kkk originate?
what state elected the first african american governor during reconstruction?
who was rally figure among the plains indian tribes in the late 1800s?
what led to custers last stand?
- determination of the indians
- insubordinate officers
- inadequate army intel
what group is famous for populating the utah territory in the late 1800s?
who wrote the significance of the frontier in american history?
who coined the term gilded age?
what of the following men were known for their involovement in the oil industry?
who developed the atlanta compromise?
who signed the pendleton act into law?
who signed the interstate commerce act into law?
who was the only us president to serve two non-consecutive terms of office?
the open door notes refers to us involvement with what country?
what did the 16th say?
who developed the wisconsin idea?
in what year did the first woman run for president
what profession was ida b welles?