Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
what are nursing interventions/ measures/ strategies/ activities ?
actions , based on clinical judgement and nursing knowledge, that nurses perform to achieve client outcomes
nursing interventions reflect direct and indirect care
- direct care intervention:
- performed through interaction with patient, e.g. physical care, emotional support, patient teaching
indirect : advocacy, referrals, ...on behalf of client
interventions -> independent, dependent, collaborative actions
independent-> knowing how , when, why (autonomous) in response to nursing diagnosis <- nurse accountable
prescribed -> dependent (orders, tests, treatment, IV, diet, activity)
interdependent collaborative intervention-> overlapping with other team members
how decide which interventions to use ?
- -evidence based nursing knowledge (EBP)
-according to QSEN Quality and Safety Education for Nurses
-critical pathways and protocol for frequently conditions
clinical practice guidelines -> basis
- interrelated concepts/ ideas that explain someting
- influences perspective
nursing interventions are
observation, assessment,prevention, tratment, health promotion
process of generating/selecting intervention
- review nursing diagnosis
- review goal
- identify several actions dependent/indep.
- choose best intervention
- individualize intervention
NIC Nursing interventions classification
nursing orders are
written instructions on nursing care plan-> intervention how and when
components of nursing order
- subject (the nurse),
- action verb (e.g. teach)
- times and limits
reflecting critically about nursing orders
- set of orders complete?
- each order technically complete?
- are orders complete, specific, and precise ?
- order individualized ?
- orders concise?
- which orders have priority?
-> holistic plan for client's needs