Bio Lab Exam 337
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Digestive sacs that break down cellular waste within the cell.
"Holding Tanks" that store and/or transport substances.
Regulates the passage of materials in and out of the cell.
Site of photosynthesis. Not found in animals cells.
- Not found in animal cells.
- Provides structural support, protection, and resistance to water loss in plants.
Makes and modifies proteins.
Site of cellular respiration (a process that harvests energy for the cell).
Provides structural support involved in cell movement and division.
Where ribosomes are assembled
Processes and packages molecules for transport to other parts of the body.
- Stores DNA.
- Controls the majority of cellular activities.
- Solution contains more solutes than the cell.
- If a cell is placed in this solution, it will lose water and shrink.
- Solution contains fewer solutes than the cell.
- If a cell is placed in this solution, it will swell to the point of bursting.
Test for Protein
Test for Sugars
Positive test for Protein
Biuret's Reagent turns pink/purple.
Negative test for Protein
Biuret's Reagent remains light blue/gray
Positive test for Starch
Iodine turns black/dark purple
Negative test for Starch
Iodine remains Yellow
Positive test for Sugar
- Depending on strength, Benedict's solution turns:
Negative test for Sugar
Benedict's Solution remains blue
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview