The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- results are used to improve performance rather than grading
- ex: private lessons, classroom feedback
- results are used to mark/rate/rank/place students (autopsy assessment)
- ex: chair placement, quarter exams, juries
- primarily used in the classroom setting to determine problems (error detection)
- followed by formative assessment
purposes of assessment
- rate/rank students
- give parents feedback
- provide feedback to instructors on their effectiveness
- provide feedback to students on their progress.
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.
4 types of musical behaviors