The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What ADP/ADRP covers Defense Support of Civil Authorities?
What are the primary documents containing national preparedness doctrine?
- The National Preparedness Goal.
- The National Incident Management System (known as the NIMS).
- The National Response Framework (formerly known as the National Response Plan).
What are the 15 emergency support functions (ESF)?
- ESF #1: Transportation
- ESF #2: Communications
- ESF #3: Public Works and Engineering
- ESF #4: Firefighting
- ESF #5: Emergency Management
- ESF #6: Mass Care, Emergency Assistance, Housing, and Human Services
- ESF #7: Logistics Management and Resource Support
- ESF #8: Public Health and Medical Services
- ESF #9: Search and Rescue
- ESF #10: Oil and Hazardous Materials Response
- ESF #11: Agriculture and Natural Resources
- ESF #12: Energy
- ESF #13: Public Safety and Security
- ESF #14: Long-Term Community Recovery
- ESF #15: External Affairs
Which warfighting function will the majority of DSCA missions stress?
The sustainment warfighting function.
While there are many potential missions for Soldiers as part of DSCA, what are the overarching purposes of all DSCA missions?
- Save lives.
- Alleviate suffering.
- Protect property.
How many state and territorial National Guard elements are there?
54. All fifty states, the District of Columbia, territories of Guam and the Virgin Islands, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico have National Guard forces making 54 state and territorial NG elements.
What is the Army National Guard’s dual role?
The Army National Guard’s dual role is as a state military force under the governor and as a reserve component of the Army that the President may mobilize for federal service.
In DSCA, military forces support a primary (or lead) civilian agency. What do commanders need to realize achieving the military end state means?
That state, territorial, local, and tribal authorities become able to provide effective support to their citizens without the further assistance from military forces.
What is one of the biggest mistakes that tactical commanders can make in DSCA?
Military forces operating freely within civilian jurisdictions risk upsetting the constitutional balance between civil authority, the military, and the private sector.