The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Objective Learning Outcomes for Cardiorespitory Fitness
- -Define cardiorespiratory fitness
- - Understand the difference between aerobic and anaerobic exercise
- -List benefits of cardiorespiratory fitness
- -Calculate your target heart rate
- - Assess your cardiorespiratory fitness
- -Create cardiorespiratory fitness plan
Cardiovascular Fitness two components
Constant moderate intensity work that uses up oxygen at a rate in which the cardio respiratory system can replenish oxygen in the working muscles
Exercise in which oxygen is used up more quickly than the body is able to replenish it inside the working muscle
Examples of Aerobic exercise
Takes many forms, involving working strenuously without pushing to the point of breathlessness. Such as brisk walking, jogging, biking, swimming, rowing, stair climbing etc.
Anaerobic exercise examples
High in intensity but short in duration. Examples sprinting, bowling, tennis, softball etc.
Regular Aerobic exercise can....
- -Reduce health risks- obesity, heart disease
- -Helps manage chronic conditions- lower hbp, help prevent subsequent heart attacks etc
- - keep excess pounds at bay- keep weight off
- -ward off viral illnesses
- -keep your arteries clear
- -strengthen your heart
- -boost your mood
- -increase your stamina
- -stay active and independent as you get older- at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise three days a week can reduce cognitive decline in older adults