Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
- A scrap of cloth.
- A piece of cloth used for cleaning,washing,or dusting.
- A stick used as an aid in walking or carried as an accessory.
- A string or cord used for lacing and fastening shoes.Also called shoestring
- To give light to; illuminate.
- A long,spirally curled lock of hair.
- A small circle or ring.
- A small North American quail (Colinus virginianus) having brown plumage with white markings.
- Any of various mammals of the family Suidae,which includes the domesticated pig as well as wild species,such as the boar and the wart hog.
- A small brownish spot on the skin,often turning darker or increasing in number upon exposure to the sun.
- Bending or flexing readily; pliable.
- Capable of moving,bending,or contorting easily; supple.
- n.<美国南部> 运货马车
- To move back and forth or from side to side,especially gently or rhythmically.
- A cavity,gap,or space
- [ˈmɔːniŋ dʌv]
- A grayish-brown,swift-flying wild dove (Zenaidura macroura) of North America,noted for its mournful call. Also called turtledove
- often used as a Christmas decoration
- Having barbs.
- Cutting; stinging
- Of,relating to,or resembling skin.皮的
- Very thin.See Synonyms at lean 2
- Tattered,frayed,or torn
- Imperfect; uneven
- A crude image or effigy of a person set up in a field to scare birds away from growing crops.
- A gaunt or haggard person.憔悴或衣衫褴褛的人
- A long narrow strip of material used for ornament or decoration.
- A sunken track or groove made by the passage of vehicles.
- A young domestic hen,usually one that is less than one year old.
- A deep,narrow valley or gorge in the earth's surface worn by running water.
- One of the larger branches of a tree.
- One of the jointed appendages of an animal,such as an arm,a leg,a wing,or a flipper,used for locomotion or grasping.
- To hang or droop laxly
- To move,stand,or recline in an indolent or relaxed manner.
- To check the motion or progress of; bring to a standstill.
- To cause (an engine) accidentally to stop running.
- To cause (an aircraft) to go into a stall.
- The low,guttural,menacing sound made by an animal
- A gruff,surly utterance
- [ˈsæntə ˌklɔz]
- The personification of the spirit of Christmas,usually represented as a jolly,fat old man with a white beard and a red suit,who brings gifts to good children on Christmas Eve.
- A coin of the United States or Canada worth ten cents.
- A tall tower forming the superstructure of a building,such as a church or temple,and usually surmounted by a spire.
- A spire.
- A Native American people formerly located on the lower Mississippi River near present-day Natchez. The Natchez ceased to exist as a people after war with the French in the early 18th century.
- The amount that an arm or arms can hold.
- [giv ɔːf]
- To restore to health or soundness; cure.See Synonyms at cure
- The liquid obtained by leaching wood ashes.
- Difficult to alleviate or cure
- Stubbornly adhering to an attitude,an opinion,or a course of action; obdurate.
- Difficult to manage,control,or subdue; refractory.
- Long-suffering; patient.
- Lasting; continuing; durable
- A machine that runs on the energy generated by a wheel of adjustable blades or slats rotated by the wind.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview