The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE OF APPARATUS
Where can Maintenance information for specific apparatus be obtained??
FLEET SERVICES DIVISION
When should auto eject plug receptacles which supply engine block heaters be utilized??
While apparatus is parked OUTSIDE of quarter during COLD WEATHER
Maintenance for beginning of EACH TOUR, after the 0900 and 1800 roll calls....???
- FILL FUEL TANK
- SEAT BELTS
- RESPONSE WARNING DEVICES
- LIGHTS (NON RESPONSE)
- PURGE AIR TANKS
Which are the ONLY lights that can be replace on Apparatus??
notify FLEET SERVICES DIVISION for all other bulbs requiring replacement
- door handles/latches/hinges/hand rails
- windshield wipers, mirrors and glass
- battery maintenance
- battery charge (voltmeter)-700-800 rpm for 2 minutes...13.5-14.2 volts...14.8 or higher is overcharging
- engine off- 12 volts or higher indicates sufficient charge
- air loss in brake system-max 1lb per 10 min
- 10lbs per application
- engine oil level-shutdown for at least 15 min
- oil pressure
- tires-3/16" tread wear in depth -replace
- radiator level
Additional daily maintenance for Engine?
- all gates and valves (transfer valve)
- strainers or suctions inlets
- engage pump-lights
- primer pump oil-engines after 2000 have oilless primers
Additional daily TL maint?
- pedestal and basket railings
- welds at base
- SAFETY BELTS installed in basket
- basket should be level (24 hours)
- hydraulic lines
- boom cradle
- six skid plate bolts
- compression and tension bolts
Additional Daily Maint for Aerial?
- inspect ladder for damage (rails and rungs)
- check ladder slide wear blocks
- visual check of hydraulic lines
Weekly Maintenance for Apparatus?
- TIRE MAINTENANCE
- TRANSMISSION FLUID
- POWER STEERING
- AIR CLEANER
- ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP PRIMER
Additional weekly tower ladder and Aerial maintenance?
- Aerial emergency system- max 30 secons
- TL emergency system - max 30 seconds
- hydraulic system
Guide to Company Care and Maintenance??
C-2 Addendum 1
USE OF SNOW CHAINS ON APPARATUS
Can you use strap style chains??
NO, ONLY FULL CHAINS
When Chains are applied, how fast shall apparatus be driven?
not exceed 30 mph
When should you stop and check conditions of chains??
Single Axle Apparatus shall have chains mounted on ??
BOTH OUTER REAR DRIVE WHEELS
Dual rear axle apparatus shall have chains mounted on??
all outer rear drive wheels