Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Thales - Physical
- First philosopher and created the School of Thought.
- explain natural phenomena without reference to mythology
- "Rational Explainations"
- THREE BIG QUESTIONS -
- 1.What does it mean to be human?
- 2.The meaning of truth - What is truth?
- 3.What does it mean to be God like?
- Dualism - Sharp distinction between Spiri and Material.
Protagoras - Physical
No absolutes - Good nor Bad.
Everything is relative to the individual.
Socrates - The Good
- Learning through the art of questioning.
- Once you find the good, you will never choos the evil
- If you know right, why choose bad?
Plato - idea
A student of Socrates
- Women are misformed/deformed men
- knowledge comes only or primarily from sensory experience.
- knowledge is based on experience
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview