psych memory p2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Processing event, images, and names into long-term memory. (NOT STOREHOUSE)
- (in damaged no longer make long term memory "50 first dates")
Connections with other brain circuits for permanent storage (stored everywhere -> subject to change)
- Memories for factual info
- conscious recollection
Cerebellum "Little Brain"
- Balance, physical memory, coordination.
- Plays an important part in forming and storing of implicit memories.
- Memory for skills and abilities
- UNCONSCIOUS recollection
- ex: writing, walking, driving
- Emotional memories
- flashbulb memories ex first kiss
- emotions trigger stress hormones that influence memory formation.
- last process
- getting info out of memory
- recall versus recognition
- reminder that activate memories
- words, events and emotions
- physical where you are
- ex same classrooms with lecture and taking the test higher scores
State dependent memory
- State of consciousness
- ex drunk vs. sober
- & mood congruent
- ex good mood = good times
- Eerie sense
- Cues from the current situation may subconsciously trigger retrieval of earlier experience
- the disruptive effect of prior learning on the recall of new information.
- Ex - new facebook password
- or new # phone
- The disruptive effect of new learning on the recall of old information.
- ex - New lyrics to an old songs trouble remembering the original words
- -class before psych
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview