Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Insulin pharm, mode of action?
- Bind insulin receptor (tyrosine kinase)
- Liver: increase glucose stored as glycogen
- Muscle: Increase glycogen and protein synthesis, Potassium uptake
- Fat: aids in TG storage
Ultra Rapida- Analog. 3 Types:
Lispro, Aspart, and Glulisina
Aspart and Lispro start of action, peak and duration? (Ultra rapid acting)
- 5-15 mins after taking (so best to take 5 minutes before eating)
- 1.5-2 hour peak
- 6-8 hour duration
Cristalina- Rapid humana (IR) insulin. Start, peak, and duration?
- Starts in 30 minutes.
- Subcutaneous injection
- 2-4 hour peak.
- 6-8 hours duration (use 3x per day)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview