Test 3: Diagram & Table
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
List the half-life, source form and applications of Cesium 137:
- Cesium 137
- 30 years
- Tubes, needles
- LDR intracavitary, interstitial
List the half-life, source form and applications of Iridium 192:
- Iridium 192
- 74 days
- LDR interstitial, HDR interstitial & intracavitary
List the half-life, source form and applications of Cobalt 60:
- Cobalt 60
- 5.26 years
- Encapsulated spheres
- HDR intracavitary
List the half-life, source form and applications of Iodine 125:
- Iodine 125
- 60 days
List the half-life, source form and applications of Palladium 103:
- Palladium 103
- 17 days
List the half-life, source form and applications of Gold 198:
- Gold 198
- 2.7 days
List the half-life, source form and applications of Strontium 90:
- Strontium 90
- 28.9 years
- Superficial ocular lesions (pterygium)
List the half-life, source form and applications of Strontium 89:
- Strontium 89
- 51 days
- IV solution
- Diffuse bone metastases
List the half-life, source form and applications of Iodine 131:
- Iodine 131
- 8 days
- Thyroid cancer
- 1. Gridded electron gun
- 2. Energy switch
- 3. Standing wave accelerator guide
- 4. Focal spot size
- 5. Steering system
- 6. Achromatic dual-plane bending magnet
- 7. 10 port carousel w/ scattering foils/flattening filters
- 8. Ion chamber
- 9. Asymmetric jaws
- Gridded Electron Gun
- *Produces electrons
- *Controls dose rate
- *Permits beam control for dynamic treatment because gun can be gated
- Energy Switch
- Provides energies within the full therapeutic range
- Ensures optimal performance & spectral purity
- Standing Wave Accelerator Guide
- Maintains optimal bunching for different acceleration conditions, providing high dose rates, stable dosimetry, and low stray radiation.
- Transport system minimizes power and electron source demands.
- Focal Spot Size
- Held constant by the bending magnet.
- Ensures optimal image quality for portal imaging.
- Steering System
- Radial and transverse steering coils and a real time feedback system ensure beam symmetry to within ±2% at all gantry angles.
- Achromatic Dual-Plane Bending Magnet
- Ensures exact replication of the input beam for every treatment
10 Port Carousel w/ Scattering Foils & Flattening Filters
Introduced to the path of the photon beam to evenly distribute the energy of the photon beam.
- Scattering Foil: Spreads the electron beam to achieve uniform electron fluence across the collimated area.
- Ion Chamber
- Impervious to temperature & pressure
- Monitors beam dosimetry to within 2%
- Asymmetric Jaws
- Provide beam definition of symmetric or asymmetric fields
The standing wave accelerator guide maintains optimal _________ for different _____________, providing high _________, stable ________, and low __________.
- Acceleration Conditions
- high Dose Rates
- stable Dosimetry
- low Stray Radiation
The steering system contains radial and transverse _____________ and a real time ________ system ensure ___________ to within +/- 2% at all gantry angles.
The flattening filter is introduced into the path of the photons to ________ distribute the _________ of the photon beam.
A scattering foil is used to ________ the electron beam & achieve uniform electron _________ across the _________ area and consists of thin metallic material, usually ________.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview