Health science 2211- Module 2 lecture 3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Benign and malignant tumors can be distinguished based on what 6 things?
- microscopic examination (differentiation and anaplasia)
- rate of growth
- cancer stem cells
- invasion and clonal expansion
- metastasis-in difficult cases
- molecular profiling
cells in a benign tumor usually look like? (2)
- the tissue they're derived from
- cells are well differentiated
cells of malignant tumors show _______________.
what is anaplasia?
malignant tumors that barely resemble the original cells and look like embryonic cells
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview