Network MS Server 2
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Where are accounts, and passwords stored on Standalone Servers and Workstations.
Where are accounts, and passwords stored on AD DS Servers.
A collection of computers and other objects defined by an administrator to share a common directory database.
The “copying” of the AD database to other DC’s within same domain.
“Like” resources reside in the same domain.
Used to perform a Domain Controller promotion.
The 2 things you need to do before using dcpromo.exe.
- - Server name
- - Static IP Address
What role is added during a DCPROMO.
DNS used for an Active Directory domain.
The Active Directory DNS
What is server virtualization?
The ability to run a full operating system on a software platform in such a way that the OS thinks it’s running on a real computer.
Why use virtualization?
- Server power tends to grow faster then the resource need of applications
- Servers may sit idle with little CPU usage and gigabytes of RAM available.
- Consolidate servers on the same hardware
- Reduce power needs
- Reduce square-footage/rack space
Hyper-V required specific hardware.
- An x64-based processor.
- Hardware-assisted virtualization. (Intel VT or AMD-V)
- Hardware-enforced Data Execution Prevention (DEP)
- Memory = 8GB (4GB min)
- Hard Disk = (2 x 200 (1 disk min)
- Network = 2x1GB (1 NIC min)
Hyper-V Key stroke function Ctrl+Alt+End
Hyper-V Key stroke function Alt+Page Up
Hyper-V Key stroke function Alt+Page Down
Hyper-V Key stroke function Ctrl+Alt+Left Arrow
Releases keyboard and mouse focus from VM
Hyper-V Key stroke function Ctrl+Alt+Pause
Toggles full-screen mode
What is Business continuity?
the activity performed by an organization to ensure that critical business functions will be available to customers, suppliers, regulators, and other entities as required 24 hours a day to those functions.
What is Data redundancy?
The property that allows all or part of the data stored in the array can be recovered in the case of disk failure.
What is fault tolerance?
the property that enables a system to continue operating properly in the event of the failure of some of its components.
Full server backup includes
- All local volumes
- Critical volumes
- System state
What is system state backup?
- Boot files, including the system files
- System files that are under Windows File Protection
An AD System state backups up also include
- AD certificate services DB
Backing up AD
Perform a system state backup on the DC
Boot mode for Restoring AD
Directory Services Restore Mode (DSRM)
What is the hosting server is called?
Remote Desktop Session Host
Remote Desktop Session Roles
- RD Session Host—enables server to host Windows-based programs. This service is required
- RD Virtualization Host—integrated with Hyper-V to allow users to connect to a virtual machine on a server hosting Hype-V.
- RD Licensing—manages the client access licenses
- RD Connection Broker—load balancing
- RD Gateway—allows users to connect o host servers and remote desktops over the Internet.
- RD Web Access—allows users to connect through browser.
Remoteapps can be accessed by? **
- Web browser—requires RD Web Access
- RDP file
- Start Menu/Icon—can be installed using a .MSI file
Group Policies are refreshed every?
- are refreshed every 90 minutes with a 30 minute randomization
- DC’s are refreshed every 5 minutes
What order do Group Policies load?
maximum number of GPOs that can be applied?
where you GPOs live
- Local GPOs = %windir%\system32\grouppolicy
- MLGPOs = %windir%\system32\grouppolicyusers
- Domain GPOs DC = %windir%\sysvol\sysvol
What role do you have to install to get Routing and Remote Access Service(RRAS)
Network Policy and Access Services
Routing un-routable addresses?
NAPT—Network address/port translator
Add a route to RRAS.
- route add 192.168.0.0/16 10.0.0.1 metric 100
- Netsh interface ipv4 add route 192.168.0.0/16 “Local Area Connection” 10.0.0.1
Remove a route from RRAS.
- Route del 192.168.0.0
- Netsh interface ipv4 delete route 126.96.36.199/8 “Local Area Connection”
What is the default dir that IIS stores it's webpages.
The 4 phases of patch management.
- Evaluate and plan
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview