the three types of vessels that compromise the intravascular compartment are the :
arteries, veins, and capillaries
The nurse is preparing to administer an antibiotic IV and knows that the advantage of intravenous medications are: ( Select all that apply?
1. this route is more comfortable than subcutaneous.
2. the patient tends to be less mobile.
3. large volumes of fluids can be rapidly administered.
4. medications can be directly injected into the vein.
5. the possibility of infection is higher via this route.
The spontaneous movement of water from an area of low electrolyte concentration to an area of high electrolyte concentration refers to a phenomenon that creates:
what types of needles are used to access an implanted port?
the nurse was preparing to start an IV on a patient and was gathering the supplies needed, which include:SELECT ALL THAT APPLY.
1. sterile gloves
2. alcohol wipes
4. IV catheter
in calculating IV fluid rates, microdrip chambers form how many drops per mL?
Common locations of peripheral IVS include the ( SELECT ALL?
1. metacarpal vein
2. dorsal vein
3. jugular vein
4. basilic vein
5. cephalic vein