COM 225: Problem around the US
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- No Wikipedia
- Good luck trying to stand against a cause (ex: using rally music for the cause that isn't original)
- No way of getting known or creating a business by means of the internet
- Social Media sites will be monitered for infringement or rogue content, even more big brother than now
Talk about how this will stifle any form of creation or any smaller business and Bigger businesses could claim other people's work as their own
- You might not be able to choose how you par for things online -Visa, Master Card, Paypal
- ---Also songs and apps being higher priced
- you CANNOT make fan generated material. (show Ghostbusters Floppy video)
- Talk about the billions of files on the internet alone and how regulating that would be a nightmare
- SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) = Ban all Infringement! made by Lamar Smith U.S. Representative (Republican) for Texas's 21st congressional district, serving since 1987
- PIPA (Preventing Real Online Threats to Economic Creativity and Theft of Intellectual Property Act) = Ban all Infringement! made by Patrick Leahy Senator (D-VT) since 1975
Notice and Staydown = Gives rights to take down sites for infringement. Judy Chu
U.S. Representative for California's 27th congressional district, serving in Congress since 2009 and Tom Marino
U.S. Representative for Pennsylvania's 10th congressional district since 2011
Is it truly The publisher's after you paid for it?
You can't show/make fan creations or interpretations of copyrighted content
On paper it sounds good, but as said before, try regulating billions of files.
This chart (from GlobalEconomicIntersection.com) shows BPI and RIAA, the two biggest backers of these laws. RIAA had commenced a series of lawsuits against individuals suspected of file sharing, mainly college students and parents of file sharing children.
Get you voice heard! If there are enough people saying the same thing, they will listen
Tell our Senators to vote NO! You want to be able to have the lives and access you do now!
Seriously, this petition is extremely important, if you do anything, do this.
Tell them about the world of no free info, less privacy, and being under a monopoly controlled by the ones who pushed this.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview