Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the two major reasons that parties file court actions against administrative agencies?
1. to force the agency to take some action
2. to prevent the agency from taking action
A statute can be
a general Administrative Procedure Act provision regarding judicial review
- a judicial review provision in a statute creating the particular agency
the requirement that a person who brings a lawsuit have a personal interest in the case
this requirement arises from the provision in the constitution that limits the jurisdiction of federal courts to "cases and controversies"
The two major purposes for the requirement of standing
1. limit the ability of courts to entertain cases at will
2. assure that parties who bring cases will adequatelu pursue the claims before the court
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview