The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Min runway criteria for ALZ
- Ground Roll w/max reverse + marked landing zone distance (500 ft)
- <3,500 ft requires A3/DO waiver
- 90 ft min width
- Verify T/O performance first
- Consider brake temps & Vbo
AMP-1 Day Landing Zone Markings (13-217, Figure 3.1)
- 300' Overrun
- Box: Double Orange (front) & Double Cerise panels (back) on each side
- Single Cerise Panels 500'-1000' apart
AMP-1 Night Landing Zone Markings (13-217, Figure 3.2)
- 300' Overrun
- Box: Double Green lights (front) & Double white lights (back) on each side
- Single white lights 500'-1000' apart
- w/Inst App: 5 Sequenced Red Flashing Lights (lead-in)
- w/Inst App: Single Red Flashing Light between runway & Double Green Lights (front of box)
AMP-3 Night Landing Zone Markings (13-217, Figure 3.6)
- "Box and 1"
- 300' Overrun
- Box: 4 Single lights (overt or covert)
- 1 Flashing Strobe Light at end of useable runway (overt or covert)
ALZ X-Wind Limits?
- ALZ: 30 knots (-1, 5-92)
- ALZ (Studs at Altus): 20 knots (Vol3, 97 OG)
- NVG (Training): 15 Knots (vol3, 220.127.116.11.1)
- NVG (90'-120'): 15 knots
- NVG (>120'): 20 knots
ALZ Wx Limits? (vol. 3, 5.18.2)
Circling minimums, no lower than 600/2
Max ALZ weight?
- 502,100lbs for full flap (-1, Figure 5-10)
- Must have <165K lbs total fuel unless <4K lbs fuel in the 4 ER tanks combined
ALZ Touchdown Rate?
- Ideal: 360 fpm
- Max: 660 fpm @ 502,100 (-1, Figure 5-16)
ALZ FPV flare (-1, 2-152; 3-3, 5.5)
- At 50 ft place FPV at -2.5 (pig on the dance floor). Groud effect will raise it between -1.5° to -2°.
- For heavyweight, start walking throttles at 100 feet
What is Landing Distance?
Total distance from a 50 foot height to a point where the aircraft can be brought to a full stop
What is Landing Air Distance?
- Distance traveled from a 50-foot height at runway threshold to touchdown
- 3° API = 1280'
- 5° API = 780'
Where do you aim (put the API) when runway Length is 4000 and VBO landing distance 3900 (full flap)?
Such that touchdown occurs NLT Airdistance + 100ft with conservative marker
Where do you aim (put the API) when runway Length is 4000 and VBO Ground Roll is 3499 (assume 500 landing zone)
Within the middle of the zone
What is the longest groundroll the MC will calculate on a 3500 runway and why?
- 500ft zone is not shown but deducted from runway available for ground roll
Braking/Spoiler/Thrust Reverser assumptions for landing?
- Braking: Max at main gear Touch Down
- Spoiler: As selected on Non-Standard Config Page
- Thrust reversers: As selected on Non-Standard Config (NEAT corrections for 2 or 4 ENG max due to longer distance for cowling to travel with NEAT)
What are the spoilers doing during a T&Go?
Spoilers deploy due to AGS LAND (all 3: throttles <55 deg and 2 aft wheels 50+ knots and WOW).
Spoilers retract once AGS RTO is armed (TOGA or 3 throttles past 60 deg, or Flaps moved).
Spoilers deploy again if at least 1 Left & 1 right TR is deployed
Why advance throttles 3 knob widths during T&Go?
- Spool engines up from idle
- Transition spoiler logic (retract spoilers) from AGS LAND to AGS RTO (throttles to 60 degs)
Note: TOGA & moving flap handle also arm AGS RTO.
What causes the spoilers to deploy when in AGS LAND? (-1, 1077)
- 2 throttles retarded <55 degrees AND any 2 of the 3 requirements are met:
- 1) 2 aft main wheels have spin rate of 50+ knots
- 2) WOW switch
- 3) 2 throttles in reverse range w/radar alt <7 feet*
- * Technically, Radar Alt <7 feet is not
- req’d if WOW
During a T&Go, when is AGS RTO Armed, and when would the spoilers deploy?
- TOGA switch is pressed
- 3 throttles are advanced past 60 degrees
- Flap/Slat handle is moved to any new detent
Spoilers deploy when at least 1 Left & 1 Right TR is deployed
What are the spoilers doing when you reject?
- All wing spoilers deploy to fully extended position when:
- 1 left and 1 right throttle enters reverse thrust range (throttles are aft of the lift position but prior to the reverse idle detent)
What does the PM/PF do on an IAP with regard to Stabilized Approach Requirements?
- 1000 feet HAT: PM will announce "1000, stable" or the deviation ("1000, fast" or "1/2 dot low"). PF will take immediate corrective action.
- Between 1000 feet and 500 feet HAT: PM will announce deviations only ("15 fast"). PF will take immediate corrective action.
- 500 feet HAT: PM announces "500, stable" or "Go-Around" if unstable or not in final flap configuration.
- From 500 feet HAT to the runway: If unstable the PM or any other crewmember will announce "Go-Around".
What does the PM/PF do on a visual or tactical approach with regard to Stabilized Approach Requirements?
PF will brief maneuver parameters prior to execution, to include Stabilization Point (NLT 300 AGL) and when to go around.
500 feet AGL: PM will announce "500, stable" or the deviation ("500, fast" or "500, bank angle"). PF will take immediate corrective action.
Between 500 feet AGL and 300 feet AGL: PM will announce deviations only ("15 fast"). PF will take immediate corrective action.
300 feet AGL: PM announces "300, stable" or "Go-Around" (any crew member) if unstable or not in final flap configuration.
From 300 feet HAT to the runway: If unstable the PM or any other crewmember will announce "Go-Around."
Stabilized Approach Criteria (vol3 vs -1)
CATS CHECK Bullet Background Papers (BBP) (vol3 & FCIF)
- C: Configuration for Landing. Flaps may be delayed but will be briefed
- A: Airspeed (for configuration & conditions)
- T: Track
- S: Sink rate (<1000 fpm, unless briefed)
- Check: Checklists are complete unless contrary to T.O. guidance
- B: Briefings complete
- B: Bank Angle to maintain proper approach track for instrument, circling, or visual approach
- P: Power set to maintain the descent profile at approach speed
- (-1, 2-138)
- A/S +10/-5, FPV touching API w/in confines of intended landing zone, ATT, de-crabbed.
- Momentary minor corrections or deviations are acceptable
How wide is the MLG?
How many ft do you have on either side for a 90 ft runway?
MLG = 34 ft
90 ft - 34 ft = 56 ft (28 ft on either side)
What are Momentary Deviations?
- A/S: +10/-5 knots from target
- Bank Angle: +/-15 deg from target
- Rate of Descent: +/-300 FPM from target