Chmy123 exam 4
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Isomers that are not superimposable
- They have identical properties except: they rotate plane-polarized light in opposite directions
Biological systems and chirality
- Biological systems are VERY sensitive to chirality
- they only synthesize the desired enantiomer
- synthesis only happens on chiral-selective surface ie. active site of an enzyme
What is the formula to find stereoisomers?
2n n = number of chiral C's
- type of stereoisomer
- at least one chiral center is flipped but not completely a mirror image
- representation of compounds on paper
- solid triangle = groups going towards you
- dashed triangle = groups going away from you
Mixture with same amounts of both chiral compounds
All of the parts line up when placed on top of each other
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview