Exam 3 p1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- A need or desire that energies and directs behavior
- Can be driven by a physical need such as HUNGER
A balanced or constant internal state.
- Body's set "weight thermostat"
- Body will adjust metabolic rate to maintain set point
Rate of energy expenditure
- The form of sugar that circulates in the blood
- provides the major source of energy for body tissues
- when it's level is low, we feel hunger
- ( from pancreas)
- Hormone that helps MOVE glucose from blood into cells
Controls eating and other body maintenance functions.
- Some motivation behaviors increase AROUSAL
- ex: mastery of ideas or knowledge
- attaining a high standard (competition)
- Desire to perform a behavior for its own sake and to be effective
- ex satisfaction, good feelings
Desire to perform a behaviors due to promised REWARDS or threats of PUNISHMENT
Improved performance on simple or well-learned tasked in the presence of others.
The Need to belong
- Major influence in motivating human behavior
- social bonds enhanced survival
- We are social beings; without social ties negative emotions overwhelm us
- Mostly good in helping us connect w/ people
- Bad side people who tend to be narcissistic are especially active on social networks.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview