Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
: Genesis 2:21-25
- 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[a] and then closed up the place with flesh.
- 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[b] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
- 23 The man said,“This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh;she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.”
1 Corinthians 6:13-20
- Deals with human immorality
- Body is not for immorality but for the Lord.
- Flee immorality
- Body is the temple of the Holy Spirit
The days of our lives are seventy years;And if by reason of strength they are eighty years,Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow;For it is soon cut off, and we fly away.
“You shall not steal.
“You shall not murder.
- Remember your Creator in the days of your youth,before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, “I find no pleasure in them”—
- 2 before the sun and the light and the moon and the stars grow dark, and the clouds return after the rain;
- 3 when the keepers of the house tremble, and the strong men stoop,when the grinders cease because they are few, and those looking through the windows grow dim;
- 4 when the doors to the street are closed and the sound of grinding fades;when people rise up at the sound of birds, but all their songs grow faint;
- 5 when people are afraid of heights and of dangers in the streets;when the almond tree blossoms and the grasshopper drags itself along and desire no longer is stirred.Then people go to their eternal home and mourners go about the streets.
- 6 Remember him—before the silver cord is severed, and the golden bowl is broken;before the pitcher is shattered at the spring, and the wheel broken at the well,
- 7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
- 8 “Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher.[a] “Everything is meaningless!”
So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female,for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
8 After this, Jesus traveled about from one town and village to another, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God. The Twelve were with him, 2 and also some women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases: Mary (called Magdalene) from whom seven demons had come out; 3 Joanna the wife of Chuza, the manager of Herod’s household; Susanna; and many others. These women were helping to support them out of their own means.