THE ANCHORMAN LIST A
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1 is A as in ANCHORMAN
- because there is one anchorman in front of the camera during the news
- 2 is B as in BUGS
- BUNNY because he has two big ears.
- 3 is C as in CAMPING
- because the international sign for camping is a triangle.
- 4 is D as in DROMEDARY
- because it crosses the desert on four legs.
- 5 is E as in ELEPHANT
- because it has four legs and a trunk making five.
- 6 is F as in FLUTE
- because of the six holes up front.
- 7 is G as in GARDEN
- (of Eden) because on the seventh day he rested in the garden.
- 8 is H as in HAT
- because the figure 8 with a horizontal line through the top loop looks like Mr.
- Peanut with his top hat.
- 9 is I as in an INDIAN
- because an Indian brave has 9 feathers in his headdress.
- 10 is J as in JAPANESE
- because the Japanese business people think in terms of decades or ten year
- 11 is K as in KILO
- because kilo is a measurement and with eleven decimal places you can calculate
- the distance from the earth to the center of the galaxy to the last few inches.
- 12 is L as in LADDER
- because a fireman can use a 12 rung ladder to save a child on the second story
- of a house.
- 13 is M as in MILITARY
- because a dozen soldiers and their leader makes the thirteen in the film “The
- Dirty Dozen.”
- 14 is N as in NO-THEATER
- because the Japanese No-Theater was developed in the 14th century.
- 15 is O as in THE
- OLYMPIC GAMES because 15 hundredths of a second cannot be seen in a photo
- finish but can mean the difference between a gold or silver medal in the games.
- 16 is P as in the PAIR
- of sixteen year olds named Paul and Mary who can be married in Germany.
- 17 is Q as in QUEST
- the name of the space station, because it has seventeen levels within it.
- 18 is R as in ROLLING
- HOME or RECREATIONAL VEHICLE because you need to be eighteen
- years of age to rent one.
- 19 is S as in STUDENT
- because nineteen is the average age of a person starting college.
- 20 is T as in TENNIS
- because the score is Two-Love or Two-Zero (twenty).
- 21 is U as in UNPUNCTUALITY
- because missing an appointment at 9:00 PM or 21:00 hours is unpunctual.
- 22 is V as in VASE
- because the creative craft of pottery used to form a vase can be creatively
- mimicked by flipping the left digit horizontally making the 2 and 2 look like a
- 23 is W as in WEIGHING
- SCALE because on opposite trays of the scale are the numbers two and
- 24 is X as in XYLOPHONE
- (or X-MAS) because on December 24th, a toy xylophone with 24
- notes is received as a gift.
- 25 is Y as in YACHT
- because your 25 yard (75 foot) yacht sits in the harbor ready to sail away.
- 26 is Z as in ZEPPLIN
- because the new freight moving zeppelin with number 26 painted on it can lower
- itself 26 yards.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview