Exam 3 p4
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
An individual's characteristic pattern of thinking, feeling, and acting.
- Our unconscious motivations influence our personality
- We can access the unconscious by projection tests, free association, dream analysis and hypnosis
View personality with a focus on the unconscious and the importance of childhood experiences.
- Freud theory of personality that attributes thoughts and actions to unconscious motives and conflicts
- The techniques used in treating psychological disorders by seeking to expose and interpret unconscious tensions
- Technique used to explore unconscious "tensions"
thoughts and feelings of which we are unaware
a method of exploring the unconscious in which the person relaxes and says whatever comes to mind, no matter how trivial or embarrasing
a personality test Rorschach that provides ambiguous stimuli designed to trigger projection of one's inner dynamics
view personality with a focus on the potential for healthy personal growth.
A characteristic pattern of behavior or a disposition to feel and act, as assessed by self-report inventories and peer reports
A questionnaire (often with true-false or agree-disagree items) on which people respond to items designed to gauge a wide range of feelings and behaviors; used to assess selected personality traits.
Big Five CANOE
Conscientiousness (organized), agreeableness (ruthless), neuroticism (emotional stability vs. instability), openness (practical vs. imaginative), extroversion (reserved, sociable.
views behavior as influenced by the interaction between people's traits (thinking) and their social context
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview