Unit 11 Vocab
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- adj. Shy, not assertive
- A shrinking violet is another way to describe a diffident person.
- n. faithfulness/loyalty
- His fidelity was both flattering and embarrassing to his girlfriend.
- v. to trust in another with information
- I confide in my best friend constantly about my emotions.
- n. misleading idea/a lie
- I'd like to think they liked me back, but I also try to convince myself it's just a fallacy.
- adj. misleading/deceptive
- His platonic actions were unintentionally fallacious, and she fell for him.
- adj. imperfect, capable of being mistaken
- Despite believing herself stronger than this, the walls around her heart were obviously more fallible than she expected.
- adj. level of trustworthy
- He was a very credible person, and always had reliable sources.
- n. trust or belief
- His credence in his religion was solid and unmovable.
- n. tendency to believe things to quickly
- The rumor was obviously very fake, but her naive credulity let her believe every word of it.
- adj. unable to believe
- Her story seemed overly-dramatic, so I stayed incredulous of the situation.
- adj. uncertain/doubtful
- The philosophy question left her in a dubious state of mind.
- adj. absolute and certain
- Global warming is an indubitable truth
- adj. worthy of respect, formidable
- He was a redoubtable fighter, and has remained undefeated for years.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview