Who were the authors of the Federalist Papers? What was their purpose? What problem was Federalist 10 meant to solve and how did it do that?
* Authors: Hamilton, Madison and Jay all under pen name Publius
* rather than posing a danger to American liberty, the Constitution protected it
* Government was an expression of freedom with checks and balances
* the goal was to persuade the public to accept the Constitution
* The problem was faction
* examples: Ancient Greeks fell apart due to factions
* votes could sway one way due to factions (a concern)