Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
- Active Directory Certificate Services Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) in Windows Server 2012 is the server
- role that allows you to build a public key infrastructure (PKI) and provide
- public key cryptography, digital certificates, and digital signature
- capabilities for your organization.
- Active Directory Domain Services The Active
- Directory Domain Services (AD DS) server role allows you to create a
- scalable, secure, and manageable infrastructure for user and resource
- management and provide support for directory-enabled applications, such as
- Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Active Directory Federation Services Active
- Directory Federation Services (AD FS) provides Internet-based clients
- with a secure identity access solution that works on both Windows and
- non-Windows operating systems. AD FS gives users the ability to do a single
- sign-on (SSO) and access applications on other networks without
- needing a secondary password.
- Directory Lightweight Directory Services Active
- Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) is a Lightweight
- Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) directory service that provides
- flexible support for directory-enabled applications, without the dependencies
- and domain-related restrictions of AD DS
- Active Directory Rights Management Services Active
- Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) in Windows Server 2012
- is the server role that provides you with management and development tools that
- work with industry security technologies including encryption, certificates,
- and authentication to help organizations create reliable information protection
- Application Server provides
- an integrated environment for deploying and running custom, server-based
- business applications.
- The Failover
- Clustering feature provides a way to create, configure, and manage
- failover clusters for up to 4,000 virtual machines or up to 64 physical nodes.
File and Storage Services
- File and Storage
- Services allows an administrator to set up and manage one or more file
- servers. These servers can provide a central location on your network where you
- can store files and then share those files with network users. If users require
- access to the same files and applications, or if centralized backup and file
- management are important issues
- Group Policy Group policies are a
- set of rules and management configuration options that you can control through
- the Group Policy settings. These policy settings can be placed on users’
- computers throughout the organization.
- Hyper-V The Hyper-V role allows
- administrators to create and manage a virtualized environment
- Some of the required components include the
- Windows hypervisor, Virtual Machine Management Service, the virtualization WMI
- provider, the virtual machine bus (VMbus), the virtualization service provider
- (VSP) and the virtual infrastructure driver (VID
- This feature allows administrators to
- design, deploy, and maintain a Windows Server 2012 network. The networking
- features include 802.1X authenticated wired and wireless access, BranchCache,
- Center Bridging, low-latency workloads technologies, and many more.
- The Network
- Load Balancing (NLB) feature dispenses traffic across multiple servers
- by using the TCP/IP networking protocol. By combining two or more computers
- that are running applications in Windows Server 2012 into a single virtual
- cluster, NLB provides reliability and performance for mission-critical servers
Network Policy and Access Services
Use the Network Policy and Access Services server role to install and configure Network Access Protection (NAP), secure wired and wireless access points, and RADIUS servers and proxies.
Print and Document Services
Print and Document Services allows an administrator to centralize print server and network printer tasks. This role allows you also to receive scanned documents from network scanners and route the documents to a shared network resource, Windows SharePoint Services site, or email addresses. Print and Document Services also provides fax servers with the ability to send and receive faxes while also giving the administrator the ability to manage fax resources such as jobs, settings, reports, and fax devices on the fax server.
Remote Desktop Services allows for faster desktop and application deployments to any device, improving remote user effectiveness while helping to keep critical data secure. Remote Desktop Services allows for both a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and session-based desktops, allowing users to connect from anywhere.
Security and Protection
- Server 2012 has many new and improved security features for your organization.
- These security features include Access Control, AppLocker, BitLocker,
- Credential Locker, Kerberos, NTLM, passwords, security auditing, smart cards,
- and Windows Biometric Framework (WBF).
- The Telemetry service
- allows the Windows Feedback Forwarder to send feedback to Microsoft
- automatically by deploying a Group Policy setting to one or more organizational
- units. Windows Feedback Forwarder is available on all editions of Windows
- Server 2012, including Server Core.
- Volume Activation Windows Server 2012 Volume
- Activation will help your organization benefit from using this service
- to deploy and manage volume licenses for a medium to large number of computers.
Web Server (IIS)
- The Web Server (IIS) role
- in Windows Server 2012 allows an administrator to set up a secure,
- easy-to-manage, modular, and extensible platform for reliably hosting websites,
- services, and applications.
Windows Deployment Services
- Deployment Services allow an administrator to install a Windows
- operating system over the network. Administrators do not have to install each
- operating system directly from a CD or DVD.
Windows Server Backup Feature
- The Windows
- Server Backup feature gives an organization a way to back up and
- restore Windows servers. You can use Windows Server Backup to back up the
- entire server (all volumes), selected volumes, the system state, or specific
- files or folders.
Windows Server Update Services
- Windows Server
- Update Services (WSUS) allows
- administrators to deploy application and operating system updates. By deploying
- WSUS, administrators have the ability to manage updates that are released
- through Microsoft Update to computers in their network. This feature is
- integrated with the operating system as a server role on a Windows Server 2012
Windows System Resource Manager
- System Resource Manager allows you to manage server processor and memory
- usage with standard or custom resource policies. By managing your resources,
- you can ensure that all of the services provided by a single server are
- available. It also allows you to verify that services run on an equal basis or
- that your resources will always be available to high-priority applications,
- services, or users.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview