Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
- Bekannter (m), Bekannte (f)
- I saw an old acquaintance of mine today.
- Hes so arrogant
- he thinks hes the best at everything.
- Bankett (n), Festessen (f)
- A state banquet was held in honour of the visiting President.
bargain (v) /"bA;gIn AmE "bA;r-/
- He wasnt prepared to bargain over the price.
bound (adj) /baUnd/
- She is bound to ask why the report is late.
build a relationship (phrase) /%bIld @ rI"leISnSIp/
- eine Beziehung aufbauen
- He has built good relationships with his clients.
cabinet (n) /"k&bIn@t/
- Vitrine (f),
- Wandschrank (m)
- We need some new kitchen cabinets.
caterer (n) /"keIt@r@(r)/
- Partyservice (m)
- Have you booked a caterer for the conference?
come across (phr v) /kVm @"krQs AmE -"krA;s/
- wirken herüberkommen
- She comes across well in interviews.
complex (adj) /"kQmpleks AmE k@m"pleks/
- kompliziert, di? erenziert
- Its a very complex problem.
confident (adj) /"kQnfId@nt AmE" "kA;n-/
- überzeugt, zuversichtlich
- Im con? dent hell do well in the job.
confirm (v) /k@n"f3;m AmE -"f3;rm/
- She called to con? rm our reservations.
cover for (phr v) /"kVv@ f@(r) AmE "kVv@r/
- einspringen für
- Im covering for Tom while hes on holiday.
create an impression (phrase) /krI%eIt @n Im"preSn/
- einen Eindruck vermitteln
- The hotel lobby creates an impression of luxury.
creativity (n) /krieI"tIvIti/
- Kreativität (f)
- Creativity is more important to us than technical skill.
exhibition (n) /%eksI"bISn/
- Ausstellung (f)
- We visited an exhibition of technological products.
expensive (adj) /Ik"spensIv/
- He wore an expensive watch.
extravagance (n) /Ik"str&v@g@ns/
- Extravaganz (f), Ausgefallenheit (f)
- Getting taxis everywhere is an extravagance.
favourable (adj) /"feIv@r@bl/
- positiv, vorteilhaft
- She made a favourable impression on her new team.
forge (v) /fO;dZ AmE fO;rdZ/
- He forged a successful career in the music business.
functional (adj) /"fVnkS@nl/
- funktionell, zweckmäßig
- The of? ce is functional rather than stylish.
gain (v) /geIn/
- We wont gain anything from delaying the decision.
glossy (adj) /"glQsi AmE "glA;si/
- She handed me a glossy travel brochure.
have a reputation (phrase) /h&v @ %repju"teISn/
- einen Ruf haben
- He has a reputation for never being on time.
ineffective (adj) /InI"fektIv/ unwirksam,
- The problem was ineffective management.
innovation (n) /In@"veISn/
- Innovation (f), Neuerung (f)
- The company is known for technological innnovation.
interpret (v) /In"t3;prIt AmE -"t3;rp-/
- She couldnt speak much English so I interpreted for her.
maternity leave (n) /m@"t3;n@ti li;v AmE -"t3;rn-/
- Mutterschaftsurlaub (m)
- Sarah is on maternity leave for six months.
modest (adj) /"mQdIst AmE "mA;d-/
- They live in a modest apartment.
ostentatious (adj) /%Qsten"teIS@s AmE %A;st-/
- pompös, protzig
- I dont like ostentatious gold jewellery.
phenomenon (n) /fi"nQmIn@n AmE -"nA;m-/
- Phänomen (n)
- Globalization is a 21st century phenomenon.
portfolio (n) /pO;t"f@Uli@U AmE pO;rt"foUlioU/
- Portefeuille (n)
- She has put together a very impressive portfolio.
premises (n) /"premIsIz/
- Geschäftsräume (f)
- The company has grown and we need to ? nd new premises.
principles (n pl) /"prIns@plz/
- Prinzipien (n)
- He has strong moral principles.
professionalism (n) /pr@"feS@n@lIzm/
- Professionalismus (m), fachliche Eignung (f)
- We were impressed by the professionalism of the staff.
project an image (phrase) /pr@%dZekt @n "ImIdZ/
- einen Eindruck vermitteln
- They want to project a more positive image of their company.
proof reading (n) /"prU;f ri;dIN/
- Korrekturlesen (n)
- The text is ready for proof reading.
provisionally (adv) /pr@"vIZ@n@li/
- The meeting has been provisionally arranged for Friday.
rapport (n) /r&"pO;(r)/
- gutes Verhältnis (aufbauen) (n)
- Its important to build a close rapport with clients.
real estate (n) /"rI;@l IsteIt/
- Immobilie (f)
- This is a valuable piece of real estate.
recent (adj) /"ri;s@nt/
- Tell me about some of your recent successes.
recommend (v) /%rek@"mend/
- Can you recommend a good lawyer?
referral (n) /rI"f3;r@l AmE -"f3;r-/
- Empfehlung (f)
- We get a lot of referrals from other companies.
regarding (prep) /rI"gA;dIN AmE -"gA;rd-/
- Call me if you have any information regarding this matter.
represent (v) /%reprI"zent/
- repräsentieren, vertreten
- Your business card should state your name, job title, and the company you represent.
reputation (n) /%repju"teISn/
- Ruf (m)
- She has a very good reputation among her fellow professionals.
standardized (adj) /"st&nd@daIzd/
- All our employees sign a standardized contract.
successful (adj) /s@k"sesfl/
erfolgreich The project was very successful.
suspicious (adj) /s@s"pIS@s/
- verdächtig (adj) suspekt (adj), argwöhnisch sein (v)
- His sudden change in behaviour made me suspicious.
switch (v) /swItS/
- Were switching to a new system of invoicing.
synergy (n) /"sIn@dZi AmE -n@rdZi/
- Synergie (f), Zusammenwirken (n)
- We aim to create a synergy between members of the team.
take a dislike to (phrase) /%teIk @ dIs"laIk t@/
- eine Abneigung für etwas emp? nden
- She took an instant dislike to her new boss.
text (n) /tekst/
- SMS (f)
- You can send me the information by e-mail or text.
tradition (n) /tr@"dISn/
- Tradition (f)
- British people are said to love tradition.
trustworthy (adj) /"trVstw3;Di AmE -w3;rDi/
- She needs her assistant to be absolutely trustworthy.
wary (adj) /"we@ri AmE "weri/
- vorsichtig, argwöhnisch, wachsam
- Be wary of deals that look too good to be true.
word-of-mouth (adj) /%w3;d @v "maUT/
- mündlich, über Mundpropaganda
- Word-of-mouth marketing can be very powerful.