Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
- The formation or use of words such as buzz or murmur that imitate the sounds associated with the objects or actions they refer to.
- One who dictates
- 独裁者An absolute ruler.
- 暴君A tyrant; a despot.
- To destroy or kill with a burst of gunfire,flame,or electric current.
- To strike suddenly and forcefully as if with a projectile or weapon
- To expose to radiation; irradiate
- Imitative of natural sounds; onomatopoeic
- Of or resembling an echo.
- To serve as a symbol or name for the meaning of; signify
- To signify directly; refer to specifically
- To mark; indicate
- A speech sound created by the relatively free passage of breath through the larynx and oral cavity,usually forming the most prominent and central sound of a syllable.
- A letter,such as a,e,i,o,u,and sometimes y in the English alphabet,that represents a vowel.
- A speech sound produced by a partial or complete obstruction of the air stream by any of various constrictions of the speech organs.
- A letter or character representing such a speech sound.
- The art or study of using language effectively and persuasively.
- A style of speaking or writing,especially the language of a particular subject
- noisy disorder and confusion; commotion; uproar; tumult.
- full of commotion; tumultuous.
- Characterized by tumult; noisy and disorderly
- a chattering or flighty,light-headed person.
- Archaic . a gossip.
- Of or relating to rhetoric.
- Characterized by overelaborate or bombastic rhetoric.
- A medieval collection of stories providing physical and allegorical descriptions of real or imaginary animals along with an interpretation of the moral significance each animal was thought to embody. A number of common misconceptions relating to natural history were preserved in these popular accounts.
- A wild,shaggy-haired ox (Bos grunniens) of the mountains of central Asia.
- An imitative word; an onomatopoetic word.
- of the nature of or characterized by melody; tuneful.
- producing melody; sweet-sounding; musical.
- [wʌn ʌp]
- Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion,often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.
- A compulsive,often unreasonable idea or emotion.
- A rotating column of air usually accompanied by a funnel-shaped downward extension of a cumulonimbus cloud and having a vortex several hundred yards in diameter whirling destructively at speeds of up to 500 miles (800 kilometers) per hour.
- Inflammation of a joint or joints resulting in pain and swelling.
- [waip aut]
- To stand,set,or turn on one end
- To overturn or overthrow.