Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Custom built mini programs to automate features.
An information system includes: _ _ _ _ _
Data, people, procedures, software and hardware
6 steps of the system development life cycle (SDLC)
- Problem/opportunity identification
- Testing & installation
- Maintenance & evaluation
Analysis of SDLC
- Develop program specs.
- Feasible assessment is performed
- User requirements defined
- Plan of action
- Detailed plan for programmers:
- Flowcharts: visual diagrams of a process
- Data-flow diagrams: trace all data from entry to its final place. The way it travels in a system
First phase of SDLC. Where programming begins. Documentation
Ever-changing set of requests for additional features from waiting.
Programming: _ _ _ _
- Translates task into commands for CPU
- Identifying which tasks computer can perform
- Defines tasks in specifically and completely
- Translates into a description for the CPU
Program development life cycle
- Describing problem (problem statement)
- Make plan (algorithm development)
- Coding (language of computer)
- Debugging (getting rid of errors)
- Testing and documentation (finished project)
Simulation software performs _ tests
Most promising choices of results from simulation software are performed in _ _
Problem statements 3 goals:
- Data: raw input users have to start
- Information: results users need
- Method: process of how program converts inputs to correct outputs
Programmers handle bad inputs through:
Testing plan covers:
- Identifying categories of inputs
- Specifies output generated
- Describes how output generated or errors managed
Diamonds in algorithm:
indicate instruction to follow
Popular flowchart program
- Text based approach for an algorithm.
- Words describe actions in an outline.
- No standard vocab.
- Use combo of common or special words as commands
Two types of decisions that change flow of algorithm:
- Binary: like "fork in road". Only two answers
- Loops: Question asked, if yes then actions performed. Question asked again, if no then moves to step that follows loop
3 features in loop:
- Beginning point of initial/default value
- Actions to perform
- Test condition checks to see if loop is completed
- Problem is broken down in series of high level tasks
- Detailed subtasks created from high level
Object oriented approach:
- Programmers identify categories of input:
- Classes (cat. of inputs) are identified
- Classes defined by info (data) and actions (method or behavior)
- Algorithm enables objects to interact
Object oriented design benefits:
- Lead to re usability
- Force programmers to think in general terms
- Can reuse existing classes
- Can produce new code quickly
New or modified class:
Joint application development (JAD)
- AKA - accelerated design or facilitated team techniques.
- Can be applied to SDLC to help programmers adapt quickly to program specs.
- Customer is involved from beginning
First article of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE):
Alerts engineers of responsibility to protect the health and safety of others.
ACM stands for:
Association for Computing Machinery
8 principles for ethical software engineering:
- Client and employer
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview