UV light/ Kirby-bauer/
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How does UV light effects organisms?
- Causes thymine-thymine dimers
- Interferes with DNA replication and transcription
Two types of DNA repair
- Nucleotide excision (dark repair)
- Direct DNA repair (Light repair)
- Nucleotide excision
- Its removes and replaces damaged DNA region
- Direct DNA repair
- Repairs DNA without the removal of the DNA ragion
- Uses an enzyme called photolyase
Two types of antibiotics and antimicrobials
- Narrow Spectrum
- Broad Spectrum
Kills specific bacteria
- Kills any type of bacteria
- Ampicillin (Penicillin derivative that inhibits cell wall synthesis)
Zone of inhibition
- The area around the antimicrobial disks
- Shows the levels of susceptibility
- -Sensitive (S)
- -Intermediate (I)
- Resistant (R)
What type of organism is more susceptible to drugs and why?
Gram (+) organisms because they have no outer membrane
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview